Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Past President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpwrangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Posted: 19 July 2017 at 11:45am
I had a friend from my race track life share a new product that someone had shared with him.  It is a tire pressure monitoring system that will monitor the pressure and temperature of the tires on your truck and your trailer - up to 22 wheels!  I liked it so much that I bought it for my truck and trailer and have used it recently.  i am so impressed with this product that I wanted to share it with others that have trailers and older trucks without TPMS.  You can just buy the system to monitor only your trailer if you want to.

http://eezrvproduct.com/p/eeztire-tpms-systems-info

The setup was very easy and I really like the anti-theft sensors.  The videos on the website are very informative and holds your hand through the installation.  My only complaint is that I had to remove the outer wheels on my dually to install the sensors on the valve stems.

The TPMS with 4 sensors was $270.  I got the TPMS with 10 sensors for $450

The feeling of making a long drive and knowing what is going on with your trailer tires is very comforting!

95 YJ, SOA, Tera 4:1 kit, SYE, ARBs, 4.56, York onboard air, Warn 9500, 36" IROK SS, Chromoly axles, Hi9 rear, Teraflex hi steer

2022 Ram 2500 CTD, 4X4

Paul
Club Past President
unlblkrubi View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlblkrubi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 5:18pm
Funny that in my Jeep I have a programmer and one of the functions is turning off my TPMS, but I wouldn't mind having this for our motor-home.
'18 Renegade Trailhawk
'15 JKUR-Warn-AEV-Rigid-KC-ARB

BlackBird View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2017 at 1:58pm
I can turn off TPMS with my superchips traildash 2 as well, but found that I can quickly make the dash warning go away by hitting the compass/home button on the wheel after airing down. I adjusted the TPMS warning threshold for the new tires that run lower pressure, so I don't have an issue there. I like the idea of being warned that something is failing.
Michael Crandall
Monrovia Volunteer FF/Driver
Mine - 2024 Ram 2500 Rebel
Hers - 2023 Jeep GC 4xE Trailhawk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic