Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Power Stroke Update - Huntsville

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power Stroke Update - Huntsville
    Posted: 27 March 2006 at 3:38pm

Here is whats going on at International Diesel (Powerstroke) in Huntsville.........Currentley they are manufacturing 570 Engines per day (the plant is suppose to be putting out 1200 engines per day).......Mostly V8 Powerstrokes and some V6 Powerstokes for the Military HUMVEE..........BUT!!!!.....They are also producing the All New MAXFORCE Diesel for 2008 (Prototypes).......The contract with Ford runs out in 2007 and I believe Ford is getting out and not coming back to International........Ford is going into a Joint Venture with another Engine Manufacturer to produce their new Diesel........International is working with NISSAN to supply the New MAXFORCE engine in V8 and V6 configurations......This is suppose to be a MONSTER Diesel and from all the tests being done, it will most likely live up to its expectations........

This is all I know for now but I'll try to keep yall up-to-date.........

Doberman

'89 SEV6 NISSAN HARDBODY 4X4
31x13.5 Swampers
3" Suspension Lift
Optima Battery
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 3:07pm

Originally posted by Doberman Doberman wrote:

The contract with Ford runs out in 2007 and I believe Ford is getting out and not coming back to International........Ford is going into a Joint Venture with another Engine Manufacturer to produce their new Diesel........

Maybe.  Everything I read says the new 6.4 will be built by International.

Brad

1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
50Willys View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 3:45pm
Bob S.

'96 Cherokee, 4.0L w/Auto Trans & locked D44s

'99 Dodge 2500 CTD Tow Rig
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 12:00am

"Ford expects that many owners, who often use the trucks for heavy-duty commercial work and put on high miles, are ready for replacements. The company has said it has fixed the primary problems plaguing the 6.0-liter diesel."

I hope they are correct since I just bought an '06.  Ford did have a LOT of SERIOUS problems with the '03 & '04 PSD's and they did loose a bunch of diesel customers.  Hopefully those problems are behind them now, but my quess would be that the new 6.4 will have it's share of "first year" motor problems.

Brad

1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
RedRooster View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 3:46am
V6 Powerstroke in a Humvee???  Never heard that one before.  Is that for the new prototypes?  Both the Army and Marines are currently contracting for prototypes to replace the Humvee.
Mods include heavy right foot and oversized cooler.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic