Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General 4x4 Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traveling Jeeper Needing Some Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishingTails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traveling Jeeper Needing Some Advice
    Posted: 11 November 2019 at 8:59pm
Hello Fellow Jeepers,

I happen to be passing through Red Bay, AL on my way home to Florida when my Jeep started having a problem I have experienced before.

My dashboard starts to light up starting with the Anti-skid (ABS), blinking sway bar alarm, flicking check engine, brake light, even all the transmission indicators are lighting up as if all gears are selected. I had this before when I discovered a bad wiring connection with one my ABS sensors, which caused a short in the computer lighting everything up. Add driving in the rain and chaos ensues.

I went to the Jeep dealer in Tupelo and they literally said that I need over $8K of repairs the computer was reporting such as catalyst failure, ABS vacuum pump failures, O2 sensor failures upstream and downstream, Sway bar replacement, etc. I actually tried to explain that this has happen before and it was probably a short generating false positives to the computer moudule. He proceed to tell me no that I actually just experienced over 10 different failure all of a sudden out of the blue, simultaneously.

Needless to say, I thanked him for his help and walked away with an oil change and a proactive spark plug replacement for over $500.

I am looking for a recommendation for Jeep repair shop between Red Bay and Huntsville that a) actually understands the complexity of a pretty customized Jeep and how it works and b) is someone I can trust to tell me what is really going on here. My experience traveling the country is that jeeper clubs are an invaluable source.

If anyone ever needs some recommendations for Orlando, FL, Danbury, CT, & Moab, UT, I am your jeeper.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
98TJ View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2019 at 10:49pm
Give Danny at Rocket City Offroad in Huntsville a call. 

Sales: 256-883-1131 call or Text

Alternate: 256-837-7277 call or Text

1998 TJ 4.0 5spd Atlas 36" Swampers RE4.5 ARB's 44/44
FishingTails View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishingTails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2019 at 11:13pm
Much appreciated 98TJ!
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic