Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Club Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another FNG!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skull 'n Bronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another FNG!
    Posted: 20 February 2009 at 12:55pm
Hello everyone,

This forum looked like the best place to introduce myself. Name is Erin, and I'm kinda new to off-roading. I haven't been off-roading since the late '70's early '80's. My Uncle Gary had a really great Dodge Ramcharger that he used to take all us kids off-roading in at a place called Azusa Canyon back in Califorina. I have a lot of fond memories from those days, and always wanted to get into off-roading myself, but time restraints, and of coarse money prevented me from doing so. The closest thing I've done to off-roading in more recent years was driving my tank while I was in the Army.

Been tinkering around with cars these past couple of years, mostly Mustangs, and a Camaro, but have always wanted a 4x4 vehicle, particulary a Bronco. I've always liked the look of the Bronco's myself. So after about a month of searching I finally found a nice 1990 Bronco that I just picked up last Tuesday, and I'm looking forward to taking it out on a trail ride.

I found my way here through a link someone posted on the Huntsville Racing forums, and after reading over the About_Us page, I thought I'd register on the forums, and look into joining RCRC. This looks like a fun family oriented club to be a part of, and I was impressed to see that you all have clean up days for the trails, and take part in VOAD as well.

Looking forward to meeting you all at either the next trail ride, or club meeting.

1996 Ford Bronco
cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 1:00pm
Welcome Erin.
Tell us some about your Bronco.
Lifted yet, tire size, etc.
Pics don't hurt either.
We don't have too many Bronco's in the club - just two or three older ones and there was one newer one that came to the last ride but they aren't members just yet.
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
RAP97 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAP97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 2:05pm
Welcome Erin! 

94 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 2" Body, Locked, 34x10.50 LTBs, Smitty Built Bumpers
Skull 'n Bronco View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skull 'n Bronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 2:30pm
It's a 1990 Burgendy (I call it Red) colored Eddie Bauer edition Bronco with a 5.8-liter V8, has tan interior, and tan fiberglass rear-roof section. It's totally stock, except for a new transmission, and Flowmaster cat backs. The transmission only has 58K miles on it, the original owner was a Dentist, and used it to pull his boats around, so he replaced the stock transmission with a better one, or heavy duty one from what I was told. I've got the reciept for it, I'll have to look it over closer to see what kind of transmission it is.

Everything works on it, except for the AC, which I'll have to get fixed come summer time. The body is in great shape, no dents, or rust. The paint looks great, except for the hood. You can see where the clear coat is fadding, bad factory job or something. I had a similar problem with my 1993 Mustang, the right front fender would fade, but would shine with the rest of the car when I waxed it. So hopefully the hood on the Bronco will as well. The interior is also in great shape, few minor stains, nothing major though, not a single tear anywhere either. The back seat looks like it's never been used. The seat belts were replaced as well, they are gray colored, which I'm told is the standard color when you buy them from Ford. The guy tried to repaint them to match the interior, but all that paint has chipped off.

Overall I'm very pleased with the Bronco, most of the ones I looked at over the past month were overpriced rustbuckets that had been abused, and heavly modified. I wanted something stock, or as close to stock as I could find. Picking up where someone else left off on their project is always a pain. This way with it just about totally stock I can do my own modifications, and know exactly what it is I'm doing.

I'll get some pictures up this weekend for sure.

Thanks for the welcome. Big%20smile

Edited by Skull 'n Bronco - 20 February 2009 at 2:31pm
1996 Ford Bronco
Tex62 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tex62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 4:39pm
Welcome Erin. Good to see that you made it over ! Thumbs%20Up 
Mike
mrs. jpwrangler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCRC Membership Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs. jpwrangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 9:04am

Hi Erin...  My name is Lee Anna Wright and I'm the Membership Chairman for RCRC.  We would be glad to have you join us at any of our upcoming meeting, rides or events.  Our Calendar is posted on our website at http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/calendar/default.htm.  

Here is some general information about our club: http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/about_us.htm

Our monthly meeting is the first Thursday of each month at Golden Rule BBQ in Madison, the next one scheduled on 3/5/09.  The meeting starts at 7:00, but we all usually get there around 6:00 to eat.  At each meeting, we typically set up a ride or two for the month.   (Note:  we're in the process of looking for a new meeting place, so watch the forum for updates)

Along with club rides, our club puts on the "King of the Hill" event annually.  Check http://www.koth4x4.com for some great pictures!

If I can answer any questions, please let me know....

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Lee Anna Wright, RCRC Secretary/Membership Director
Mudlight View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mudlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 1:55am
Welcome.  Glad to see another late model Bronco owner on here.  Let me know if you have any questions or need any parts for the Bronco.  If you need any help wrenching on the Bronco let me know.
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skull 'n Bronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Mudlight Mudlight wrote:

Welcome. Glad to see another late model Bronco owner on here.  Let me know if you have any questions or need any parts for the Bronco. If you need any help wrenching on the Bronco let me know.

Man, that would be great. I've got all kinds of questions, hehe. I was hoping to make the club meeting tomorrow night, but I'll be stuck at work probably until 10pm, or later. Hopefully there will be a ride soon, and I'll get to start meeting folks from the club.

1996 Ford Bronco
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skull 'n Bronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 9:32am
Looks like I don't have to work tonight, so I can make the club meeting. It's at Oh'Bryan's Steakhouse in Madison now? Do I just ask the host for RCRC folks? Is there a reserved area I should head to once there?

Edited by Skull 'n Bronco - 05 March 2009 at 9:34am
1996 Ford Bronco
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 9:42am
Just ask for us.
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skull 'n Bronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 10:59am
Spoke to soon, just got called back into work. CRUD! Next meeting for sure. Smile
1996 Ford Bronco
Tex62 View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tex62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 3:25pm
lol Well you missed some good food for sure !
Mike
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skull 'n Bronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 2:58am
Finally back on a normal work schedule as of today, wish it was yesterday so I could have made the meeting. hehe! LOL
1996 Ford Bronco
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic