Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Classified Ads > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1969 Nissan Patrol L60 for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1969 Nissan Patrol L60 for sale
    Posted: 05 August 2005 at 10:02am

I recently acquired a 1969 Nissan Patrol L60 then found out we have a baby on the way.  I will not have the time for another project, so it is up for sale.

The Patrol has design cues from a Land Rover.  It currently is 95% stock and has an excellent body and good paint job.  No dents or dings to be found.  The truck has a Nissan straight 6, 3 speed tranny and twin stick transfer case with 2.26 low range.  I believe the axles have 4.10's.  The main issues that need to be addressed are the dash and light wiring, seat brackets and lift kit.  It currently is sporting some 33" BFG MT's that I doubt will clear the uncut rear fenders under flex.

It includes hard top and doors.

This Patrol is in the best condition of any that I have seen in person or on the net.  It needs little work to become a good trail vehicle or would make an excellent platform to build a full on Rock Assault Vehicle.  The vehicle is located in Meridianville, AL.  I'm asking $3700.  E-mail me at dpsuggs@hotmail.com for pictures or questions.

Mods include heavy right foot and oversized cooler.
cj8rckcrlr View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8rckcrlr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 2:03pm
congrats on the baby david.....course you're gonna name it james right....
-scrambler on 1tons/krawlers--SOLD!!!
-99 XJ:longarm, hp44/9in 4.88s,detroits, 36s, chromos, superjoints--SOLD
97 TJ buggy in the works!!!!

ROCKET CITY OFFROAD
alabamatoy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
I dont work here anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 1:30am

These are good trail vehicles, and AFAIK were never regularly imported to US, so this is prolly a gray-market import.  The patrol is what you always see Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin driving around in.  Heres a pic of one:

"If you didnt buy your 1st gen 4Runner new, then YOU are a newbie!!"

BRC Life Member
RedRooster View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 11:35am

That's the one except mine is yellow and has different parking lights in the front.

I read on a Patrol site that they were actually sold in the US between 1960 and 1969 under both the names Nissan and Datsun.

I drove it around this weekend and played with the transfer case shifters.  The 2.26 low range works very well.  I like the factory twin sticks also.

Please pass the word around on this vehicle.  I need to get it sold before the urge to build it overcomes me.

Thanks.

85cruiser View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85cruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 1:19am
SHAME on you Doc, the crocodile hunter drives a Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-70 and other models of cruisers.
Patrick

2011 Ford F350, XLT, 4X4, Diesel, Crew cab, long bed

74' FJ-40, The "Bruise"

85' FJ-60, slightly modified

87' FJ60, slightly modified
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 2:21am

Originally posted by 85cruiser 85cruiser wrote:

SHAME on you Doc, the crocodile hunter drives a Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-70 and other models of cruisers.

Hmmm - wonder why they have NISSAN written on them?

BRC Life Member
85cruiser View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85cruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 4:11am
Originally posted by alabamatoy alabamatoy wrote:

Originally posted by 85cruiser 85cruiser wrote:

Hmmm - wonder why they have NISSAN written on them?

I must have missed the episode with the nissan but the episodes with them driving around Australia with the boat on top of the flat bed pickup truck is a diesel FJ-70. I also found a link for the Croc hunter that shows there rescue vehicles they do have a 1 Nissan flat bed pickup, 3 FJ-70 flat bed pickup and a large Nissan truck like a dually on steroids. This has turned from a for sale to chat, OK Doc I'll admit you are right. I was just trying to give you a hard time.

Edited by 85cruiser
Patrick

2011 Ford F350, XLT, 4X4, Diesel, Crew cab, long bed

74' FJ-40, The "Bruise"

85' FJ-60, slightly modified

87' FJ60, slightly modified
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 7:16am

Doc,

Do you think there would be any objections to me parking it at the King of the Hill event with a "for sale" sign?

P.S.  If you don't remember me, I'm the guy you picked up the Hummer wheels from in Meridianville.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 12:47am

Originally posted by RedRooster RedRooster wrote:

Do you think there would be any objections to me parking it at the King of the Hill event with a "for sale" sign?

Sure!  Bring it on....

BRC Life Member
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 8:55am

Bump.

rolltidezuk View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolltidezuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 4:11pm
I saw your Nissan parked at the event. It is Sharp, and I hope you get some bites on it. Anyway here's a bump for you.  JC
What can I say, I have a Samurai and Dodge tow rig.

<><
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 7:14am

Thanks.  I had a couple of calls.  I guess I will have to get off my butt and list it on a few more sites.  I was hoping someone local would want to build it up.

rolltidezuk View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolltidezuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 3:14pm
Oh, my wife wants it, but I just blew $1700 on a generator, and still need some tires for the Zuk.  JC
What can I say, I have a Samurai and Dodge tow rig.

<><
4RUNNERB12 View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4RUNNERB12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2005 at 3:59pm
its not that we dont want to build it, i wouldn't mind having that thing at all, its the lack of money, i saw it as well very cool truck, someone should definetely take advantage, i only know of one other one in huntsville.
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 5:16am

I still have it.  I haven't posted it anywhere else.  I'll give it one last try here.  Call me if you are interested, she is taking up garage space.  256-684-2669

David

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 4:58pm

Originally posted by RedRooster RedRooster wrote:

I still have it.

Send me pics, and I'll get 'em posted on here if you want.....

btt for ya anyhow!

BRC Life Member
cj8rckcrlr View Drop Down
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8rckcrlr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 3:33pm
this thing is in sweet shape and would make a badass trail rig on 60s...
-scrambler on 1tons/krawlers--SOLD!!!
-99 XJ:longarm, hp44/9in 4.88s,detroits, 36s, chromos, superjoints--SOLD
97 TJ buggy in the works!!!!

ROCKET CITY OFFROAD
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 11:36am

Here tis!

BRC Life Member
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 3:00am
That's the one.  Any takers?  I need the garage space.
SteeevO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteeevO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 9:07pm

Hey guys, I'm new to this board and came accross this thread while looking for patrols.

Does anyone know what happened to this Nissan Patrol?

Where is the forum basedout of?

Thanks, -Steven

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamatoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 12:29am
Originally posted by SteeevO SteeevO wrote:

Does anyone know what happened to this Nissan Patrol?

Where is the forum basedout of?

I havent heard from redrooster in a while, try PMing him, he may still have it, but that post is two years old.  The forum is based in Huntsville, Alabama.

BRC Life Member
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedRooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 9:28am

Sorry folks, the Patrol has been living in GA for quite some time now.

Guess I need to check in more often.  Darn work keeps me too busy.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic