Rocket City Rock Crawlers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Club Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Arrival

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RadioFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Arrival
    Posted: 07 July 2012 at 6:40pm
Hello all!
My wife and I enjoyed the club meeting the other night. Your club seems like a great group of friendly, thoughtful folks. This seems like the place for introductions, so here is the rundown on my wife, myself, and our vehicle. 

We moved to Huntsville in the beginning of this past June so that my wife, Gwen could start her residency as a family practitioner @ the Huntsville Hospital. We are both originally from South Carolina, and attended school in Columbia before moving here [Go Gamecocks! :)]. 

I was formerly a Porsche race car technician and tire changer in the GrandAm Racing Series. Having done this for several years, I wanted to do something automotive, but as far removed from sports cars as possible -thus the Jeep. 

Our current vehicle is a 1998 Jeep Cherokee (XJ). It has a 4.0/4L80E/231J/HPD30/8.25 combo. The front springs are 3.5" and the rear has 5.5" RE full packs. It has an Aussie locker in the rear and an open diff in front. The T-Case is stock (other than a hack-n-tap SYE) as is the engine and transmission. The front and rear bumpers are from Custom 4x4 Fabrication, and we have an M8000 to make up for having 31/10.5/15 AT's. The axles have stock 3:55 gearing and the front has had all of the brackets reinforced for he longarms by Moab 4x4 Outpost (M40)  -we destroyed them while in Moab, May of this year. 

I think that pretty much covers it for us. Right now we are looking forward to meeting some new friends for camping, wheeling, or just to share a couple cold ones. 

Brandon
RadioFlyer View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RadioFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 7:04pm
http://s593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/nota944mechanic/Camping%20and%20Offroad/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ12 I apologize for the hyperlink appearance. Here's a link to my photobuckrt album if anyone is interested. You can also view our blog at brandonandgwen.blogspot.com for pics from our trip from SC to UT and finally, to AL. 

Brandon
CJ7OX View Drop Down
RCRC Club Member
RCRC Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7OX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 11:50pm
Welcome! I look forward to meeting you at the next meeting!

~Sean
~Sean
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem. -Reagan

MOLON LABE
85ish CJ-7/06 CTD

cj8lvr View Drop Down
RCRC LLC Member
RCRC LLC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cj8lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 6:15am
Welcome y'all!  Good to have you Thursday night at the meeting.  Sorry I never got a chance to talk with you and say howdy there.  Hope to see you more and get more opportunities.  Welcome to North Alabama.
___/| [_\__\],
l___l__L-O|||||O_
_()_)__()_)___()_)

Jake White
Owner of CartoTracks.com Trail Maps
Past RCRC - VP
Past Nat'l CJ-8 Scrambler Owners Association President
Toydawg View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toydawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 7:45am
It was good to meet you both of you at the meeting Thursday night, welcome!
1984 Toyota pickup, locked 5.29s, dual cases, Longfields, 22R with low range cam and header.
mrs. jpwrangler View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
RCRC Membership Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs. jpwrangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 1:34am
Originally posted by RadioFlyer RadioFlyer wrote:

I was formerly a Porsche race car technician and tire changer in the GrandAm Racing Series. Having done this for several years, I wanted to do something automotive, but as far removed from sports cars as possible -thus the Jeep. 

Brandon, my husband Paul is a Porsche driving instructor with PCA and has a Boxster that he also takes to the track.  He spends most of his time at Barber and Road Atlanta.  Between Porsche and Jeep, I'm sure ya'll with have A LOT to talk about.  Smile

We enjoyed meeting you and Gwen last week... hope to see you both again soon! 

Edited by mrs. jpwrangler - 09 July 2012 at 1:37am
Lee Anna Wright, RCRC Secretary/Membership Director
RadioFlyer View Drop Down
RCRC Club Visitor
RCRC Club Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RadioFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 3:25am
It's such a small world! Perhaps he knows my former employer, Gordon Friedman? He owns Autometrics Motorsports based out of Charleston, SC. They also do PCA races. I look forward to talking with him at the next meeting. I'm sure we know quite a few of the same people.

Brandon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic